"My beloved is to me a cluster of henna blossoms in the vineyards of En Gedi." ~Song of Songs 1:14

En Gedi is a lush oasis in Israel where henna is grown. En Gedi Henna is my own little oasis in the blogosphere where I can share my love of henna, and all things beautiful, with you!







Monday, March 7, 2011

Now That I Have My Henna, How do I Make It Last?

  Henna aftercare is simple, leave it alone!  Seriously!  Henna stains the outer layers of the skin, (the dead skin cells).  So, lose the loofah when you have a henna.  If you have had your hands done, you may want to keep them out of dishwater and wear gloves in the garden.  Historically, a new bride didn't have to perform any of the household chores expected of a wife until her henna wore off.  You can bet she did everything she could to make that stain last!  Keeping your skin moisturized can help.  But, no lotions with harsh chemicals!  Keep from washing the area for at least 12 hours.  I know this is hard with hands.  Just try to pat them dry instead of rubbing the towel over your skin.  Lastly, stay out of the pool.  Chlorine will shorten the life of your stain.  Go swimming in the lake!  And remember, when you first take off the dried paste,  DON'T wash it!!  Gently scrape off the remaining paste. 
Enjoy!

No comments:

Post a Comment