"My beloved is to me a cluster of henna blossoms in the vineyards of En Gedi." ~Song of Songs 1:14

En Gedi is a lush oasis in Israel where henna is grown. En Gedi Henna is my own little oasis in the blogosphere where I can share my love of henna, and all things beautiful, with you!







Thursday, March 10, 2011

Nautical Festival!

  I had a great conversation with Mary Pritchard yesterday of Domici Gallery in Rogers City Michigan.   The gallery sits on Third St. (the main street that runs through town).  We have property near by and vacation, hunt, fish and basically spend as much time up there on the northern shores of Lake Huron, as we can.  The gallery is always one of the places I MUST hit when I go into town!  They're always showcasing some uniquely talented Michigan artist.  This year I will be doing Henna at the gallery for the Nautical Festival!
  The Nautical Festival is everything you could want in a small town festival, complete with carnival rides.    Churches and civic organizations host an array of events throughout the week.  The art fair (my favorite part!) runs Friday August 5th, through Sunday the 7th.  The week comes to a close with a parade on Sunday.  It's a homecoming event.  If you are from Rogers City, want to be from Rogers City, own a cottage, or just like to visit, chances are you will be in town for festival week!
  It's a beautiful part of the state.  The sunrise side!  Pine forests, Lake Huron and plenty of nearby inland lakes to keep you busy.  See you at the festival!



No comments:

Post a Comment