"My beloved is to me a cluster of henna blossoms in the vineyards of En Gedi." ~Song of Songs 1:14

En Gedi is a lush oasis in Israel where henna is grown. En Gedi Henna is my own little oasis in the blogosphere where I can share my love of henna, and all things beautiful, with you!







Tuesday, March 29, 2011

4 Hurons and a Wildcat!

"Life is beautiful!"  And so is my friend!  Congrats to her, she is valedictorian of
the 2011 graduating class at her school.  Life truly is beautiful for her!


Such a pretty foot!  Love this girl, talk about charm!



 

Seriously, the coolest kid on the soccer team!!
   Last night I got to henna the Huron HS tennis team!  What a great way for the team to bond.  We snuck in a little brother who has a ton of soccer spirit!  And a little sister who wanted a foot that was just as pretty as the big girls!   
   Had a question about black henna again last night.  I've blogged about this before, so feel free to check back in the achieves.  Real henna is safe and made from all natural ingredients.  I buy my own henna powder, and mix my own paste with lemon juice, cardamon and lavender essential oil.  I also add sugar, coffee and often a few other things I find in my kitchen cupboard.  Unfortunately, a young man made the news after vacationing in Mexico.  He got a "black" henna.  AGAIN, there is no such thing!  It scarred his skin.  Henna, when applied, is a dark brown paste.  When it is scraped off, it is a light orange.  It then turns a darker brown after a few days.  People selling black henna put a chemical in their henna, similar to hair dye, that can scar the skin.
  Know what you are putting on your skin.  Go to a reputable artist.  Research the artist.  Call them!  Any henna artist worth his or her salt will take the time to educate their client.

No comments:

Post a Comment