"My beloved is to me a cluster of henna blossoms in the vineyards of En Gedi." ~Song of Songs 1:14

En Gedi is a lush oasis in Israel where henna is grown. En Gedi Henna is my own little oasis in the blogosphere where I can share my love of henna, and all things beautiful, with you!







Tuesday, March 22, 2011

Henna, Poker, Mastacholi



  Several weeks ago, my friend Kris hosted a henna party.  She was headed off to Arizona so we had to add some henna...henna tan!  Had a great time.  She's such a good cook too!  Mastacholi for dinner, wine, good music and some new friends after.  Once everyone was hennaed, they brought out the cards.  Apparently, I must look a lot smarter than I am, because I am severely challenged when it comes to card games.  Euchre was the big game in college.  I never did grasp it.  Every time someone brought out the cards at a party, they'd have to re-teach me!  Poker wasn't much different.  They finally gave up and brought out the game "Apples to Apples".  Much more my speed!!!



I really wish this hadn't turned out so blurry!  But you
get the picture.


This was on the upper arm.  I use a hair band to get a
straight line going around the arm.  Then I trace a line
(following the band) with a watercolor pencil.  This ensures
that the design is even all the way around.

I can't wait until summer sandal time!

Love it!

This and the next three photos are a good example of
the stains progression.  This is with fresh henna "mud" applied.

This is the light orange that is visible as the "mud"
starts to flake off.
Just a few hours later and it is already starting to darken.

The next morning I am seeing a nice light brown.  The
following day, I had a dark brown stain.

1 comment:

  1. Good information here. objedi I will post these information to my facebook page. It is really very informative for others.

    ReplyDelete