"My beloved is to me a cluster of henna blossoms in the vineyards of En Gedi." ~Song of Songs 1:14

En Gedi is a lush oasis in Israel where henna is grown. En Gedi Henna is my own little oasis in the blogosphere where I can share my love of henna, and all things beautiful, with you!







Monday, June 27, 2011

Life is Good!

REMEMBER, the first day, the stain is a light orange!  It will become a dark brown.  I only get to see the light orange.  :(  Send me some pics!!!

A Celtic knot.  The purple color is from the watercolor pencil.  This is with the paste on, and some glitter just for fun!

I LOVE how Bess' hand turned out!  Unfortunately, this is not a good shot.  Taken in poor lighting.  This was the next day and her fingers were already starting to darken up!
  I had a great weekend at Michigan First Art Fest!!  (Formerly Lathrup Village Art in the Park!)  Saturday was a perfect day for the fair.  Upper 70's, blue skies, slight breeze, good music and a comfy spot to do henna.  Shout out to my assistant Brenden.  Loved his company!  I think he also provided entertainment for our guests.  ;)  Smoooooth!  (that's his new stage name)  Coin flipper, napper, guitarist and all around good guy.  He, along with the assistance of his new manager Jackie, will go far!
  I love doing henna with the tent.  People are intrigued!  There isn't a product that they can see.  The atmosphere is inviting.  The faint smell of incense on the wind.  Music playing softly in the background.  A lounge with pillows, "they" aren't quite sure what it's all about, but they know that they just want to come in and sit a while and check it out.  And that's what people did!!  Some would stay just long enough for their henna to dry.  Others would watch while the next person got their henna, fascinated by the process.  Always good conversation to be had and friends to be made!  People of all backgrounds stopping by.  The cop on the night shift stopped by.  An amusing psycho therapist!  An entertaining librarian.  An artist from Grand Rapids.  A schoolteacher from Bay City.  Late in the day a student from Groves High School.  Early in the day an elder care worker, and so many others!  But that is what henna is about.  It's not like fitting a nail appointment into a work day, NO!  It's an event!  It is a time to relax, and share with others and take time to enjoy life.  Enjoy the simplicity of life!  Finding the beauty in every day, and in other people.
  And of course, the amazing staff (Maralee!!) and volunteers at Lathrup Village.  What a great group of people!  They were there if you needed anything.  A super friendly bunch.  I wish I could have spent more time in the beer tent with you!!  Thank you all!

No comments:

Post a Comment