"My beloved is to me a cluster of henna blossoms in the vineyards of En Gedi." ~Song of Songs 1:14

En Gedi is a lush oasis in Israel where henna is grown. En Gedi Henna is my own little oasis in the blogosphere where I can share my love of henna, and all things beautiful, with you!







Tuesday, May 3, 2011

Unexpected Beautiful!

We spent the week before Easter "Up North".  My son asked why we go north for spring break while everyone else goes south?  For one, to avoid Tornadoes!!  I must admit, I was hoping for warmer weather, but I did enjoy seeing the pines thinly covered in a blanket of fresh snow.  The following were taken at one of our favorite swimming spots, Ocqueoc Falls. 



 I am fascinated by this tub every time we pass it!  It sits next to an old logging trail, behind gates and "No Trespassing" signs.  Someone went to a lot of effort to get it here.  It's hard to imagine it being more work to bring it to the dump, than to bring it here!  We've been hiking and riding these trails for seven years now, and it's been there as long as we have.  I wonder when they dumped it?  Part of me is aggravated that people would use these woods as a dump, the other part finds beauty in the unexpected sight of a tub sitting in the middle of the woods!  The longer it sits there, the more it looks as if it belongs.  It would be a shock to the system if I were to ride by and not see it.  Now I think how wonderful it would be to take a bath in the middle of the woods!


No comments:

Post a Comment